Wednesday, July 11, 2007

HK Day 14 (Wed Jul 11)

so i'm about 2/3 of the way done with my HK trip. there's really less than a week left (of my three week trip) since my flight back to Beijing is next Tuesday morn. and this thought saddens me. it's not like i've been doing any extraordinary things (by most people's standards; i mean, you've been reading this blog, right?), but i am definitely one of those that subscribes to the belief that it's all about the people, even if you're doing simple things.

so i hope in the next 6 days i have many chances to walk around in HK, eat simple things, and have good conversations and laughs (and some karaoke!) with my dear friends in HK. it's unfortunate that not everyone is so lucky as me as to have no real obligations at the moment and they have their regular lives. Sifu Robin, in addition to working six days a week, teaches WingTsun four nights a week. i've definitely enjoyed spending time in his classes, but it would be nice to roam Mong Kok some more or other areas for a couple hours and just take in the night. perhaps sometime this weekend...

that being said, i spent today being a total bum. i finally got up at around 2:30 PM. this is justifiable because i haven't been sleeping enough and i want to make the most of the next 6 days so i thought i'd make today my "lazy sunday."

also, my left shoulder is absolutely killing me (was just reminded of this when i sat up to adjust my seating). i'm definitely challenging (or straining) my muscles more with my attempts to develop the my WingTsun fighting skills (versus techniques, theory, and teaching, which i normally focus on). it's a little better now than when i woke up with it in serious pain. hopefully it's better by tomorrow night's class with GM Cheng.

anyway, i finally stepped outdoors around 8:30 PM when Anna and i went to get dinner at the ("fake") Taiwan restaurant nearby. it was quite oily. i was happy to have the Taiwan-style milk tea though. :)

anyway, here's to me making the most of my last week staying in 香港!

2 comments:

EricC said...

Yeah, cheap and simple food in Hong kong - for the 12th time - Cafe de Coral la! Pork chop rice ar! Don't leave without having it once!

good luck with the shoulder!

Dan Hsiao said...

sorry, i left without having it once. :X but i'm sure it'll be there still when i go back to HK. :)