Thursday, July 19, 2007

Blue Sky Day in Beijing


it was nice to wake up this morn to see a 青天 (try zhongwen.com if needing to translate 中文 words) in normally gloomy 北京. it was so nice that i thought i should go out to enjoy it. alas, i haven't. :P but that's not to say i haven't enjoyed my day!

i know i've been meaning to say, but i'm not sure if i have, how fortunate i feel to have had the past several weeks to relax and basically bum around in China and Hong Kong. although i've totally slacked on my Chinese self-studying, i feel like just being immersed here helps. it's also fascinating to spend time in a foreign place for a pro-longed period of time because you definitely can get a more authentic feel for life.

my first couple of weeks in China (北京 and 上海) were focused on enjoying time with family, since the whole fam was together. my time in 香港 was intended to be partly spent on studying 中文 and some creative writing, but time was largely focused on WingTsun and being a bum.

with my last week back in 北京 before returning to the states, i'm looking to catch up on sleep that i fell behind on in 香港, spend time with my dad, and hopefully get my self a bit more disciplined (without stressing about it) in taking care of personal projects (studying 中文 and creative writing projects).

the sky's a little less blue now, and the puffy white clouds are gone, but it's still a blue-ish gray that's far better than the norm i've seen here. :) here's another pic from this morn looking out the window of my parents' apartment here:


i think i may start diversifying my posts some. i'll keep blogging now and then on what (very little) i am up to, but also go back to blogging about things in the news that are notable to me or cool products that are coming out. i may also attempt some posts in 中文 as a means of practicing. the title of the post should usually indicate which of these "types" of posts you'll be seeing... or maybe i should quit blogging and focus on my projects... :P

1 comment:

EricC said...

The two pics are the same!

Weather must be better for you now? Temperature wise anyways?