Thursday, January 1, 2009

Swollen Uvula (aka hanging ball thing in the back of your mouth)

So i awoke on the morning of January 1, 2009 really dehydrated. Mouth and throat were ridiculously dry, and worst of all, the hanging ball thingy in the back of my mouth was swollen. It was pretty much in contact with my tongue, which made swallowing hurt (since I was trying to swallow the hanging ball thingy). So i searched Google (on my iPod Touch) for "hanging ball throat" and found out that it was my uvula (from latin root uva, meaning grape).

Then i searched for "swollen uvula", and the first result was: http://swollenuvula.blogspot.com. It has just one post that perfectly described what i felt and said that I should eat ice cream! Now i'm not especially crazy about ice cream, but having to consume it for medical purposes is a pretty awesome concept. :) It said orange juice and throat drops are good too.

No comments: